Thursday 31 May 2012

Day 6

Today is my last day, & this day was definitely by far my favourite. This might be because we were allowed to have some wine in evening for our celebratory end of week evening out in town... but I think mainly it was to do with the awesome boat trip Kerry organised for us.

We start our day earlier than usual with stretching & circuits as normal. After that we head down to the harbour & board our home for the day.
 
We spend the day moored up in a beautiful bay relaxing harder than ever on the cushioned sunbeds on the top deck of the boat. This really is luxury! Inland it had looked like rain was approaching but out on the water the skies are blue, as is the gorgeous sea. Kerry has duly informed the captain of our eating requirements (chicken, salad, vegetables) for lunch, & the captain more than delivers. A fresh feast is provided for us with supplies of cold water (there are spirits floating about in a few of the cupboards but I restrain...). We resume our sunbathing positions on the top deck & sail between bays for the rest of the day. In one bay there is the option to have a mud bath which some of the girls indulge in. The swim to shore to reach the mud bath looks a little bit too chilly for me so I use my photographer excuse again & remain on the boat!

Late afternoon comes & we head back to shore. We have a quick turnaround to make so we crack on with our evening boxing session (again, yesss!). Once this is done we decide to throw ourselves in the pool in our gym underwear (great time for me to be wearing granny pants, #fail).

We dry off & get ready to hit the town for an evening meal to celebrate a fantastic week. Dinner is by no means burgers & chips, we don't venture far from our healthy diet but a few cheeky carbs are consumed... as are a few cheeky glasses of wine... Not everyone followed this route I might add, only a few rebels! After dinner I take an ill-advised shopping trip - wine + cheap 'Mulberry' handbags = credit card taking a battering. It's all worth it though & I end the evening feeling very happy (& slightly tipsy).

No comments:

Post a Comment