Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day 2

I've woken up sore but feeling pretty good. Sleep last night was ah-may-zing after the session in the Turkish baths. I am woken up by the lovely Kerry Patterson, retreat founder, brandishing a mug of hot water & lemon juice. I could get used to this bedside service. We kick off the day at 8am with a breakfast juice, followed by a session to 'Wake the body': stretching & deep breathing in the shade by the side of the villa. After that comes the hard part: an hour of circuits including tricep dips, dynamic lunges & squats among other things. The heat isn't too much in the earlier hours of the day & we work out in the shade with a light breeze nipping around us. At the end of the workout I am feeling pushed & invigorated.

After our morning exercise is done we spend the rest of the day relaxing by the pool topping up our tans. As we had a juice for breakfast & also because Kerry wants to keep us energised, we are treated to a delicious lunch of grilled chicken skewers accompanied by a chickpea & avocado salad. Every ingredient is fresh & the meal is carefully hand-prepared by Kerry & Nora, our trainer. All of the girls are blown away by the salad, & the introduction of a small amount of white meat into our diet for the week is appreciated & savoured.
In the evening we have another Zumba session, aka another chance for me to show off my complete mal-coordination. It doesn't seem to get any better tonight. I'm hoping I'll get it at some point, in the meantime I wing it & do a faux Irish jig in an attempt to look like I am at least doing something. Still not a good look.

Later on, after we enjoy another freshly made juice for dinner, some of the girls head into town to browse the shops which stay open till midnight or so. I, however, have been eyeing up the sofa & DVD player since day 1 & decide to settle on down to watch the box & have a good blog. Another day done, I end the day feeling relaxed & healthy with a bit of a tan to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment